Time for week 7 WP numbers, which are Powered by Nerd Numbers (full spreadsheet here):
Here are my thoughts:
- Bargnani, Kleiza, and Barbosa have all had good games over the past week or so, and it's now showing in their WP48. Bargnani is up almost 0.035, Kleiza's up 0.040, and Barbosa's up around 0.040. Despite what many people think, I would love to see these trends continue.
- Those three are still really unhelpful: only Barbosa is in the positive range (WP48 0.004), and only barely.
- Weems and DeRozan remain mostly unchanged, and continue to offer very little as well.
- Julian Wright has improved slightly.
- Calderon and Evans haven't played, and so have remained stable.
- Everyone else - Johnson, Bayless, Dorsey, and Davis - has declined. Other than Johnson, these players haven't played that many minutes, so the variation is not surprising. Johnson's been up and down all season long.
- Even though his WP48 decreased, Bayless improved his AdjFG% by 5%. So why did his WP48 decrease? More minutes at PG (due to Calderon being injured) and fewer net possessions (his rebounding had been exceptional and was bound to regress).
- Reggie Evans and Amir Johnson are 27th and 37th, respectively, on Arturo's list of most important players
- Bargnani, DeRozan, Kleiza, and Weems (1st, 21st, 44th, and 47th, respectively) are on Arturo's naughty list.
- Maybe we'll just kick Barbosa out of that group for the time being and stick with the four horsemen again.