- Winning in basketball
- Shooting and WP
- What Wins Produced says and what it does not say
- Does Wins Produced overvalue rebounds?
- Wins Produced vs PER
- Correlation between WP and PER and wins
- PER, Beasley, Boozer, and Odom
- 2008-09 Overrated players
- 2008-09 Underrated players
- Win Score
- Wins Produced vs. Win Score
- Win Score vs. Game Score
- Why Adjusted plus/minus is not a good metric
- A guide to evaluating models
- A comment about model building
- Strength of schedule does not affect teams wins (most years, anyways)
- Bench players don't always play against weaker opponents
- Agreeing to disagree
- How to calculate WP
- Defense and WP
- Diminishing returns in the NBA
- Why we credit rebounders for rebounds
- Usage and efficiency
- David Berri's FAQs
FAQs and Common Criticisms
- Doesn't WP overvalue rebounding?
- Doesn't WP undervalue scorers?
- WP is wrong because it says that [insert player here] is better than [insert player here].
- Why use WP instead of PER?
- What about diminishing returns and usage? Shouldn't a player like Kobe Bryant be evaluated differently because he uses a lot of possessions?
This page is a work in progress.